The Vinyl Alliance is a private non-profit organization aiming to represent the complete value chain of the worldwide vinyl industry. We are looking for a General Manager responsible for overall operations, asset protection as well as marketing and public relations. The position reports to the Board of Directors (BoD) within policies established by the Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Policy / strategy development, advocacy, marketing and communications
- Develop policies, strategies and recommendations in line with the vision and mission of the organization with the overall intention to grow the vinyl market.
- Propose to the BoD a yearly Strategy Plan and Action Plan to achieve previously agreed-upon targets
- Develop and utilize communication tools and materials (online and offline) to effectively pass the vision and mission internally and externally to all stakeholders and target audiences
- Represent the association externally, where appropriate
- Involve BoD members to represent the association in external meetings, providing them presentations and materials, to ensure a widespread presence
- Develop relationships and influence decision makers, senior industry figures and other key stakeholders
- Organize meetings including all formal meetings of the association to be agreed with the BoD and communicate the date and location in advance according to the by-laws of the association
Legal and financial:
- Keep registry of members in cooperation with the elected secretary and treasurer.
- File and archive all meeting protocols, agenda and materials of the meeting and decisions including all guidelines set by the BoD
- Maintain sufficient confidentiality of activities, content, staff and documents
- Stay within the annual budget agreed by the BoD
Business development and membership:
- Recruit new members
- Develop and execute other income generating activities, in accordance with the BoD
- Look for sponsorships, co-funding of events and other means to leverage and improve activities and presence of the association
- Strengthen membership engagement and exchange of information
Status and compensation
- General Manager will be self employed
- Compensation will be based on performance and includes a fixed amount
- A budget for travel and other cost will be granted in accordance with rules decided by the Board
This is a unique job opportunity in an industry that has shown continuous growth over the past 14 years. Please send your application to email@example.com.